This online tool helps to remove residual reflected skylight for remote sensing reflectance (Rrs) measured using above-water approach. The residual reflected skylight normally leads to elevated Rrs spectra, and sometimes negative values, which need to be corrected before using Rrs spectra for water colour algorithm development. Details of this residual reflected skylight correction method can be found in Jiang et al., 2020.
This online processing tool was developed by Earth and Planetary Observation Sciences Group (University of Stirling, UK) as part of the CERTO project, which received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 870349.
Please note that,
- Rrs between 750-850 nm must be available to run this correction,
- the method may not work well for extremely turbid waters, e.g., Chl-a > 300 mg/m3, TSM > 300 g/m3, or dense algae blooms
How to use the tool
- Step 1. Compile your Rrs spectra to the file format provided here
- Step 2. Upload your compiled data file and click process.
- Step 3. View example spectra and download the corrected data